Thank you for completing your Gulf Coast Humane Society volunteer application & for joining GivePulse. Please check your email for further information. Emails will come from GCHS Volunteers (GivePulse) - search your email for GivePulse.
If you are unsure if you have been approved, try logging into your account. If you are approved, you are a member and will be able to sign up for New Volunteer Orientation (if you want to volunteer with dogs AND cats) or Cat Only Orientation (if you want to volunteer with cats only).
This is not for court ordered community service, civil citations, or diversion programs; visit our website for more information.
The mission of the Gulf Coast Humane Society is to provide humane care for surrendered animals in Southwest Florida by offering refuge, providing medical care, and facilitating an adoptive home. The talents of our compassionate and generous volunteers help keep our doors open. Volunteers are actively involved in the general care of the animals including walking/exercising, socializing, grooming, and cleaning kennels. Volunteers are also involved in special projects, events, humane education, offsite outreach programs and in-home foster care. Start your volunteer journey with us by submitting your application!
- If you are completing an application for a minor, the account must be made under a different email than the parent/guardian. An application is needed for both the parent/guardian & the minor. Only one account per email.
- Please do not enter your name as the user and the minor's name as the legal name. The user & legal name must be for the same person. We need an application for both the minor and the parent/guardian.
- 13-15 year old volunteers are required to have a parent/legal guardian on property with them. The parent/legal guardian must also become a volunteer.
- 16-17 year old volunteers can volunteer without a parent/legal guardian present. However, a parent/guardian signature is required on the Volunteer Waiver (provided at Orientation) before the minor can begin volunteering.
You will create a GivePulse Account (Become a Member), then complete a Volunteer Application for GCHS.
Once approved you will receive an email to sign up for "New Volunteer Orientation"
- You must attend orientation before you start volunteering.
- You cannot attend orientation until a background check is completed & you are approved.
- Emails will come from GCHS Volunteers (GivePulse).
- If you are unsure if you have been approved, try logging into your account. If is says you are a member of Gulf Coast Humane Society, you have been approved.
*UPDATE Beginning January 1st, 2022:
If you no-show for volunteer orientation, you will be asked to wait 90 days before registering for orientation again. If you are unable to attend orientation after signing up, please cancel yourself from the registration via GivePulse or email email@example.com Last minute cancellations (same day) will be considered a no-show.
This is not for court ordered community service, civil citations, or diversion programs. Visit our website for more information.